15 May 2020
TUMBARUMBA MPS WORKS COMPLETED
Member for Albury, Justin Clancy MP, today announced that construction works had now been completed for the new Multipurpose Service (MPS) at Tumbarumba.
“This government has a strong belief in a great future for the people of Tumbarumba and its region,” said Mr Clancy, “and this renewed and expanded hospital and residential aged care facility is a sign of our commitment to the wellbeing of the community.
“A new hospital encourages people to feel secure and to make plans for their families and businesses,” said Mr Clancy. “I would like to thank Murrumbidgee Local Health, Health Infrastructure and the Principal Contractor for the project, Richard Crookes Constructions for all their hard work bringing the vision to reality.”
The redevelopment of the Tumbarumba MPS includes:
- A new acute inpatient wing
- Refurbishment of the existing residential aged care building
- A new residential aged care wing
- Expanded Emergency Department including two resuscitation bays and consultation/triage rooms
- New and expanded Community Health area
- Lounge for families of Palliative Care and other patients
- Three new staff accommodation units
- New carpark and landscaped gardens
- A landscaped cultural garden and mural which is being completed in collaboration with the local Aboriginal community
The final stage of works included the refurbishment of a second residential aged care wing, the demolition of old hospital buildings, landscaping and car parking. The new Emergency Department and Residential Aged Care Wing became operational last year.
The Tumbarumba Multipurpose Service has been delivered as part of the NSW Government’s $304M Multipurpose Service (MPS) Program which has already funded redevelopment of the MPS at Holbrook and at Culcairn in the Albury Electorate.
A time-lapse video of the MPS Redevelopment can be found here - https://youtu.be/uMVa_kRI7EQ