Tumbarumba MPS set to begin construction
The Tumbarumba Multipurpose Service (MPS) redevelopment should begin construction by the end of the year with four tenderers vying for the project.
The Tumbarumba community is seeing the benefits of the NSW Government’s $300 million MPS program to upgrade existing facilities in many rural and remote communities across NSW.
Today’s announcement is fantastic news for the Tumbarumba community as it means construction to further enhance the facility will soon begin. This is all about better tailoring healthcare needs for the local community well into the future.
The successful tenderer will be announced in coming months after the four tenderers, selected from the NSW Government Prequalification Scheme, review and provide submissions back to Health Infrastructure.
The two-storey MPS project includes:
- A new acute inpatient wing
- Refurbishment of the existing residential aged care building
- A new residential aged care wing
- Expanded Emergency Department including two resuscitation bays and consultation/triage rooms
- New and expanded Community Health area
- Lounge for families of Palliative Care and other patients