Co-location of health care services and aged care facilities will directly benefit communities in regional and remote NSW:
- detailed planning and consultation are guided by community needs
- multipurpose Services deliver new tailor-made facilities or partnerships with existing residential aged care providers
- facilities are resident and patient-focused, responsive to community needs
- locations offer better integration of services with other health care professionals and providers
- flexibly in use of inpatient beds to provide various categories of care
- safe, functional and home-like environments for residents
- community, staff, residents and patients are involved to ensure fit for purpose facilties in each locality.